Thursday, April 10, 2008

hi

Hi.

I'm Betsey. Yeah, that's Betsey like Betsey Johnson. Only I'm nothing like her. Well I guess I do like nice clothes, and I do do things differently. But I'm not a fashion designer. I'm a chef.

Of sorts.

You see, here's the thing: I love to travel and I'm a total health nut. I'm not a classically trained chef. No CIA or Le Cordon Bleu or anything like that. I haven't been yelled at by any assholes in checkers while I burn foie gras and my tears splatter into the fryer. No I just cook at home using ingredients I've found in my travels and herbs I've learned about through my studies of the healing arts. And I try to make my friends and family and lovers happy and healthy.

This blog is all about food. Well insofar as food is life. I mean we couldn't even make it to our cars without that bowl of oatmeal in the morning. And what would be the point if we couldn't come home to a big wonderful plate of spaghetti carbonara? What and how we eat is integral to who we are in every way.

So. Um. Nice to meet you.

*Betsey

P.S. - King's Cook? Long story...stick with me, we'll get there...

No comments: